Monday 12 October 2009

I made a new close friend today. I have a weird way of classifying someone as my 'close friend'. It starts when they tell me the first uncomfortable,imperfect, personal thing about themselves. And today, I found out something quite personal about someone. And I feel really grateful that he trusted me with it.

I really treasure moments like this when I have a heart-to-heart talk with someone..when I slowly but surely learn that I'm not alone in all this. That I'm not the only one who faces difficulties at home but yet has to put on a brave and strong front when I'm outside. I'm not the only person who seems to be so happy, always smiling and laughing, but yet inside, there's always something bothering me, a sort of sadness that I can't seem to find the cure to. Is there someone out there who can take away this sadness, this insecurity? I think a big part of me has given up hope that there is someone like that out there.

Sometimes I think I'm meant to be alone..if I can't find someone who meets the criteria, would it be better to settle for something less, or would it be better to stay alone and continue daydreaming about someone out there who's meant for me? Well, one step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment