Sunday 3 April 2011

Success to me is..

Everyone has their own definition of what the word 'successful' means. To me, right now, being successful is about being able to balance both my emotions and physical energy between serving God, my family, my 2nd family in Bali, and work.

Work is increasingly challenging, but I want to try to leave all the stress behind once I step out of the office and be able to not talk about work with friends and family. I want to be able to laugh at jokes without having worries at the back of my mind. I love it when I can sit with my little brother and play computer games without being distracted. I want to be able to decide the days I can leave work early and go for a jog in the park next to my house. I am proud of the fact that I can earn my own money to pay for my own car loan, my rent, my food, give money to my grandma, and save up for visits to Bali. I love how I can be independant enough to drive down to Seremban alone to spend weekends with grandma.

I want to be able to show my boss this - that I might not have finished the work you asked me to do this morning, I might not know what you're talking about at the moment, but I want you to know that I'm trying. I'm trying my very best to catch up with you, so please bear with me.  I want to be able to give my all to work when I'm at work; and give my all to the more important things in life when I'm out of the office.

This is the point of discovery in my life. I am discovering who I am, but at the same time I am in full control of the wheel to decide who I want to be. I want to be good at work. But I work to live, and not the other way around.

This is who I am and these are what I want in my life at the moment. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment