Tuesday 7 September 2010

I got the job...

Its Tuesday night, I'm having a quiet night at home (I predict lots more quiet nights at home from now on). Hopefully there's something good on TV later. I haven't watched TV in years. I mean like properly sit down and watch it. I'm always running off to meet my friends somewhere, or stayed in my room on the internet. I hope to watch more TV, especially with my mom.

I went for my first job interview since I came back from Bali this afternoon. It was quite an adventure finding the place -  I didn't know the area very well and was depending on a self-drawn map to lead me there. I finally found the area, but was very in doubt because it was a village, with lovely village houses all around. And then there it was, right smack in the middle of nowhere. I heaved a sigh of relief that I found it and walked in.

The interview was pretty alright, and I wasn't feeling nervous as I usually do. I managed to convince them really well that I was the best candidate for the job, and was looking forward to discussing the pay. Then they told me the working hours, and suddenly I wasn't very interested in the pay anymore. The hours were horrible! I'm not a choosy person at all, but that was just downright breaking the labour law. And the pay wasn't good.

Of course I couldn't let them see my utter disappointment, so when the Managing director asked me when I would like to start, I mentioned a date. I tried to push it a bit later so that I could have time to think of a good reason to reject his offer of a job. And he said that would be fine, come in and sign the offer letter day, see you then. So just like that, I had the job. The job which breaks the labour law and which I planned to reject.

So here I am, still looking for a suitable job, and hoping I wouldn't have to be lying to the director when I tell him that "I'm really sorry, but I got a better offer". Because that's the most polite excuse I can think of right now..

p/s: I can't stop thinking of last Tuesday night when we had the big dinner at the Children's Home outside on the porch. And how everyone was just having such a great time, and then us riding on the motorbikes to Kuta for some drinks..all the laughter and silliness...and the ride home, and sneaking in feeling all scared.. Oh I miss all of you so much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment