Monday 11 October 2010

Beauty in everything..

I love photography...there is so much beauty in the world that you could capture with a camera. 
There's a movie called One Hour Photo, and right at the beginning, the main character played by Robin Williams says this..

Most people don't take snapshots of the little things. The used Band-Aid, the guy at the gas station, the wasp on the Jell-O. But these are the things that make up the true picture of our lives. People don't take pictures of these things. 

The shutter is clicked. The flash goes off and they've stopped time, as if just for the blink of an eye.  

And if these pictures have anything important to say to future generations, it's this: I was here. I existed. I was young, I was happy, and someone cared enough about me in this world to take my picture. 

Photo by Jill Willcott

 

No comments:

Post a Comment