Friday 1 October 2010

Eat, Pray, Love..

It's the 1st of October, can you imagine? I really can't believe how quickly time is passing by. It seems like the weeks are flying past, even though I'm pretty much just sitting at home everyday, which usually feels like time is dragging on. But I'm enjoying myself. I'm enjoying this time I have to sort out my thoughts after a huge change in my life. And I'm enjoying being on my own.

I watched the movie Eat, Pray, Love today. I've been looking forward to the movie for quite some time, after I read the book. And it didn't disappoint. Of course, like all movies based on novels, a lot of what was written in the book had to be condensed. But I felt that they kept the essence of what the writer was essentially trying to tell us.

I don't know about other people, but everytime I watch a movie or read a novel, I always find myself trying to see a bit of myself in the actress or main character. Sometimes I don't see myself at all, and sometimes its a bit more. But in Eat, Pray, Love ... I felt like they were telling my story.

Many people who read the book were in some ways affected by it. They learned to take a step closer to what they want in life. But I only knew about the book after those events took place in my life. And during some scenes in the movie, I wanted to cry so badly because it was just too similar to what I went through.

I've met a few people recently who have affected me more than they would ever know. And one of the most important things that they taught me, was that sometimes, we have to be selfish. There is a point in our lives where we need to consciously make the decision to stop following what other people tell you that you SHOULD do, and just do what you want to do. And sometimes that involves being very selfish and hurting other people.

After it all, just like Elizabeth Gilbert, I still very often think of the past. But, just like her, it wasn't because I still love him. Its because I still hope that one day..he might be able to forgive me for being so selfish. Though I wouldn't go back even if you gave me a hundred chances to turn back time. I would still take this path each time.

I loved the last few sentences Julia Roberts said towards the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment